Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Recipe of the week.

I am practicing to be the next Iron Chef America or so you would think with all the cooking I have been doing lately. Being a stay at home, most of the time, mom gets old with all the cleaning and butt changing so I have decided one thing I can look forward to is trying a new recipe once in a while. Lame, I know but you do the best with what you have. I am going to encourage others to do the same by posting new recipes every week and if you got some good ones let me know I will give you my email I would love to try them.
This recipe is from a good client of mine. Its super easy, cheap and yummy a great one for a cold day. I like it over baked potatoes or Navajo tacos but its just as good in a bowl with a little cheese and sour cream.
Quick Chunky Chili
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion chopped
1Tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
2 (16oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15oz) can pinto beans drained
1/2 cup salsa
Combine meat and onion in 3 quart sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink breaking meat apart with a wooden spoon. Add chili powder and cumin. Cook until fragrant about 1 min. Add tomatoes, beans and salsa. Bring to boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat and cook for 10 min. Enjoy.
-I add a few squirts of ketchup when I add the beans and salsa I think it tastes better.

3 comments:

Nate and Nicole said...

Yay I wanted this recipe!
If you want some recipe ideas, look on my blog and then click on the blog that says "From The Kitchen." It's a blog of recipes that my friend does.

Anonymous said...

nice nail job, nice recipe, nice smell ...

Aly said...

Such the little homemaker....