Friday, August 22, 2008
Marathon
Everyone in life needs a goal, something to be proud of and feel accomplished when they finish. Well I have decided to try to run the St. George Marathon in 2009. I figured that a year was enough time to get in shape and be able to run 26.2 miles. My friend Aly runs the marathon every year and not knowing anything about marathons she filled me in on the ins and outs. Let me just tell you I had know idea what a toll it takes on your body. Lost toenails, blisters, and chafing are a given but do you know about the diarrhea and bloody nipples. My god these poor people are running with no toenails and bleeding from every part of their body not to mention having to run to the port-a-john every ten minutes where you know what the person before you just did in there. Needless to say I may be rethinking my goal of 2009. I really like my toenails and my nipples and would like them to stay attached to my body. Running a marathon may not be for me but I think training for it will do my waistline some good. So I will continue running (actually briefly running in between walking) and who knows I may think the diarrhea is worth it after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah! Now we can have bloody nipples and the runs together!
Post a Comment