Today I was sick. Not just the I'm tired and don't want to do any thing kind of sick, the don't touch or look or ask me to move kind of sick. At 3 a.m. as I am laying in bed realizing I am not going to be able to kick this by morning. I know I have a loong day ahead of me. So what do you do as a mother who knows your going to have to take care of children all day feeling as though you may indeed pass out and throw up at any moment...absolutely nothing. I am here to tell you if you are contemplating having children, remember you get no sick days. Sucking it up and dealing with it as best as you can is all you got but nobody says you gotta like it. Nope I hate it, I hate days like this your can't lay in bed and get better, nope you get to change diapers and make food all while keeping the puke bucket close at hand. I feel however that letting my kids go stark naked all while eating pop tarts, Popsicles, dry cereal, anything that they can feed themselves and have little cleanup as possible is not a problem. I can after all supervise them from the couch and open my eyes only if I hear a loud bang and cry afterword...no blood...there fine just shake it off. I occupied most of my time on the couch and without much effort my kids survived the day. I did stand long enough to make some dinner but that's about it. My house on the other hand looks a little trailorish but, eh, tomorrow is another day. So to all you sick moms who just have to deal with it I just want you to know I'm sorry. Really, really. sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment