Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shadows

Addison has had a hard time going to sleep at night. I could not figure out what the problem was. I thought is could be her teeth or maybe just another power struggle.
Until tonight.
After her usual nightly routine I turned off her light and was giving her kisses when I noticed her look up at the ceiling and then cower into me. It then occurred to me that the night light was making shadow's on her ceiling. The poor little thing has been scared of her own SHADOW.
Quickly realizing what the problem was I turned on the Ikea flower light. With more light there were less shadows. When she realized that she laid down in her crib without much of a fuss. She then took a quick glance at the ceiling to make sure they were gone pulled the blanket over her head and went to sleep.
My guilty mommy moment is that it took me well over two weeks(maybe more) to figure this out.
The poor poor little thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for Ikea flower lights!

Too funny!

Aly said...

That same shadow monster must live at my house too!